Apple Pie Moonshine is as amazing as it sounds. This recipe easy to follow and crazy good! It goes down very easy but really packs a punch. Despite the name this recipe doesn’t need moonshine at all but you can use some if you know how to make it!
The hardest partof this recipe is finding the grain alcohol. I use an entire bottle of 190 proof Everclear for each batch.
190 proof grain alcohol can be hard to find. Some states don’t sell it. If you can’t find it, you can easily use a lower proof (151 proof grain alcohol is much easier to find) vodka or moonshine purchased from a liquor store. This stuff is as strong as it is good so just be prepared.
Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- Use a very large stock pot to make Apple Pie Moonshine cocktail recipe. Sometimes I even divide the ingredients between my two largest stock pots.
- You can use any size canning jars that you have to store this Apple Pie Moonshine Everclear. You aren’t going to do the entire canning process. Just fill the jars and make sure they are tightly sealed.
- Before sealing the jars place a new cinnamon stick in each jar – don’t reuse the cinnamon sticks you strained out.
- When you make Apple Pie Moonshine recipe, make sure you store the jars in a cool, dark place to mellow out for a few weeks before enjoying them.
- There may be some sediment from the cinnamon stick in the jar – simple strain it through cheesecloth
- Make sure you enjoy this cocktail responsibly.
Things you need to make this recipe
Large stock pot
Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
This easy Apple Pie Moonshine recipe is an incredibly delicious cocktail. It’s always the hit of the party and everyone goes crazy for this easy moonshine recipe. Plus, you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Course: Beverages and Cocktails
Keyword: apple moonshine, cocktail, moonshine
Author: Christina Hitchcock
- ▢ 64 oz apple juice
- ▢ 64 oz apple cider
- ▢ 3 cups sugar
- ▢ 14 cinnamon sticks – divided
- ▢ 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- ▢ 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ▢ 750 ml 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol – or the highest proof vodka you can find
- Bring the apple juice, cider, sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon and 8 cinnamon sticks to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add alcohol to mixture. **CAUTION: Do not add alcohol near a flame or heat source. It is highly flammable. Make sure mixture is completely cooled before adding alcohol.
- Strain the cinnamon sticks out and pour into jars.
- Divide remaining 6 cinnamon sticks among jars.
- Place lids on jars and allow to sit in a cool, dry place for 8 weeks before enjoying.
- Please enjoy responsibly.