This is a fun and adorable rainbow layered no-bake cheesecake made from a box of the most colorful cereal, Lucky Charms! This was always hands down my favorite cereal as a kid. Such a fun way to reinvent it and bring it into adulthood. The cereal’s marshmallows act as the cake’s crunchy topping, while the cereal bits make up the crust. The middle is a mix of marshmallows and cream cheese that turn into a velvety ice cream-like consistency when popped in the freezer. There is no need for an oven here. This is a great dessert to make for these warmer days!
Total Time: 2.5 hours, including chill time
- 1 box Lucky Charms cereal (11.5 ounces)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 7 cups marshmallows (mini or regular-sized ones cut up)
- 2 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half and half
- food colouring
- Separate marshmallows from cereal bits in 2 piles.
- Add cereal to a food processor and pulse into a fine dust.
- Melt the butter and add it to the cereal dust. Mix well with a spatula until it becomes crumbly
- Pat it down into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate while you continue making the marshmallow cream cheese middle.
- Pour milk into a large pot over medium heat, and then add marshmallows.
- Stir continuously until mixture is smoothed and there are no marshmallow lumps.
- Beat cream cheese with hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Beat in half and half.
- Fold in marshmallow mixture until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Evenly separate mixture into 4 bowls.
- Add a drop or 2 of food colouring to each bowl so you have pink, yellow, green and blue.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and very carefully spoon in the blue mixture on top.
- Continue by adding green on top of it, then yellow, then pink. Place in the freezer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from springform pan, and sprinkle with Lucky Charms marshmallows. Enjoy the beautiful rainbow!