With the hot weather, we avoid hot drinks but if you can’t give up your caffeine fix then have no fear, we have the how-to for making iced coffee at home.
This step-by-step guide will show you exactly how to create your own drink.
What do I need to make iced coffee?
You’ll be pleased to hear the ingredients you’ll need are fairly straightforward and simple, and there aren’t that many.
You’ll need coffee, milk, ice cubes, sugar, a container to let it cool in, and one to serve in.
If you want a proper iced frappe, you’ll need a blender, and flavorings such as vanilla or caramel are also optional.
The cream can be added if you’d rather your drink was thicker.
Will instant coffee work?
It definitely will, as long as you have diluted liquid coffee it doesn’t really matter what kind it is.
Obviously, if you prefer you might want to stick to the proper brewed stuff, but if you’re after a simple quick and easy drink then your standard granules will work.
How can I make it?
With a blender:
If you use a blender you can make your own Starbucks-worthy Frappuccino.
- Pour a cup of freshly brewed coffee into a blender, adding some crushed ice cubes and around about a quarter of a cup of milk (for one serving).
- Add any flavorings if you want to and then blend until thick, around 8-12 seconds.
- Serve in a lovely glass and enjoy!
Without a blender:
If you’re not a proud owner of a blender, you can still enjoy a (n)ice coffee.
However, you’ll need to have some patience as it’ll take a few hours from scratch!
- Brew your coffee hot (or dissolve granules in hot water) and make it very strong as it’ll be diluted with ice and milk.
- If you want some, add the sugar before the drink cools down.
- Transfer the coffee into a glass container to cool at room temperature for an hour.
- Move to the fridge to cool for two hours.
- Serve in a tall glass, add a few ice cubes and milk or cream and stir well.